Monday, November 29, 2010

Pasta with Veggies in Peanut Sauce

A really easy weeknight dinner. Originally I was going to use Shirataki Noodles, but the section of my grocery store that has them was under construction tonight, so I went with whole wheat spaghetti. I also used frozen veggies to save some time.



Ingredients: 
Whole wheat spaghetti
Frozen veggie mix (I used a peppers blend that also included onions)
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup natural peanut butter
1 1/2 tsp. dark sesame oil

Directions:
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.

Meanwhile, in a wok, heat a teaspoon of oil (I used sesame oil) til hot. Add frozen vegetables and garlic and heat through, about 5 minutes. Once the bottom of the pan got watery, I drained the veggies and returned them to the wok.

While pasta and veggies are cooking, put peanut butter in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave about 2 minutes, or until very soft. Add soy sauce and sesame oil, and whisk together until well combined.

Add drained pasta and sauce to the wok and mix together til combined. Serve!

No comments: