Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Penne with Veggies in Ricotta Sauce

I needed to use up the rest of my Ricotta Cheese, after using 2 tablespoons for my Egg Salad Sandwiches earlier in the week so I put together this recipe based on what I had in the apartment and this NYTimes recipe.


Ingredients:
1/2 box penne
1/2 bag frozen veggies (the ones I had on hand had broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
15 ounces whole-milk ricotta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2/3 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Italian seasonings and Basil, to taste

Directions:
Cook penne per package instructions. In last 3 minutes of cooking, add frozen veggies to pot.

Meanwhile, add the ricotta, olive oil and 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water; blend. Add herbs and garlic and mix well. When the pasta/veggies are done, drain them (reserving some water) and add to the ricotta mixture. Top with the Parmesan cheese, then fold everything together. Season to taste, adding some reserved pasta water if needed. Divide in bowls and sprinkle with remaining cheese.

No comments: